Counseling for Educators
RaShun A. Stewart, EdS, LPC is a Licensed Professional Counselor who offers a safe and supportive environment, where clients are encouraged to explore and create new ways of thinking that are empowering and energizing. RaShun partners with his clients as they explore those issues that may be preventing them from maintaining a growth mindset and the quality of life that they deserve. Through an interactive and collaborative systemic approach, RaShun helps guide clients through a variety of personal and professional matters.
Fostering Professional Growth and Educational Leadership
- Developing a Professional Growth Mindset
- As you approach a challenge or consider a new position, that voice might say to you "Are you sure you can do it? Maybe you don't have the talent." As you hit a setback, that voice might say, "This wouldn't had been a problem if you really had talent. It's not too late to back out."
What if your true professional potential was unknown or even unknowable? A growth mindset is a tendency to believe that you can grow beyond failure and thrive from challenges. A growth mindset is one you can cultivate at any point in your professional journey. This is important because it can determine what you strive for and what you see as success. Together we will work to change the definition, significance, and impact of failure and instill an attitude for success.
- Leadership Issues
- Whether you are leading 2 or 200, the ability to bring about a climate of positive change through the right attitude and self-discipline is critical. Leadership therapy will help you develop the characteristics you need to succeed in a demanding educational environment. Together we will work to maintain your passion and attain your maximum potential while facing the constant pressure of student achievement and educational accountability.
- Interpersonal Skills for the Workplace
- Chances are, you'll have to interact on a variety of levels throughout your profession life. We use interpersonal skills every day to communicate and interact with other people, both individually and in groups. It allows us to work well in a team and be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, customers and clients. You may be the most brilliant person on your team, but if you can't get along with your colleagues, you won't get far. People who have worked on developing strong interpersonal skills are usually more successful in both their professional and personal lives. Together we will work to remove faulty thinking and emotional barriers that are impeding your interpersonal growth. Through awareness of how you interact with other and with practice, you can improve your interpersonal skills.
- Career Transitions and Achieving Your Goals
- "The only constant is change" ~ Heraclitus
A career transition can be stressful, long and often frightening. As educators, we are constantly changing. The need for the marvelous process of growth and change is often difficult to ignore. Whether it's the result of coming to the end of the road, self-reflection, or exploring your potential. Your emotional state and mental stability can influence the actions that you take and the impact that they can have on your life and your career. The concern about making the most of life while moving forward in your career is one I hear a lot. You will change and evolve, and opportunities will come your way. Opportunities that you shouldn't turn down just because you're afraid and uncertain of your true potential. Together we will identify what cycle of transition you are in now and your emotions, and how they connect to success and your life goals.
- Work-life Balance and Stress Management
- Work-life balance is a concept including proper prioritizing between "work" (career and ambition) and "lifestyle" (health, pleasure, leisure, family and spiritual development/meditation). The demands of accountability and student achievement is likely to invade your personal life and make maintaining work-life balance no simple task. When your work life and personal life are out of balance, your stress level is likely to increase. Work-life balance is not out of reach and it is important for us to seek and restore harmony. This approach works to improve productivity, relationships and stress management for a lasting life and work balance. Together we will evaluate your relationship to work and apply specific strategies to help you strike a healthier balance.